Do I Need A Permit?
For anyone who has ever opened a new business, performed renovations to a building, installed a new component or process or just simply wanted to have a backyard campfire, the above question has probably crossed your mind. Our goal on this page is to reduce the confusion and increase consistency when it comes to the permit process. Please read this page and in its entirety as it applies to your application and contact our office with any questions.
There are five (5) common agencies that you will work with in order to achieve compliance. Those agencies are:
- Huber Heights Zoning
- Huber Heights Engineering
- Montgomery County Combined Health District
- Montgomery County Building Regulations.
These agencies regulate codes and standards for all aspects of Health and Safety as it relates to the City of Huber Heights.
When Do I Need a Permit? (Examples)
- Occupying an Existing Building for Commercial Use (New Business Name)
- Building a New Building
- Interior Renovations for buildings (including non-load-bearing walls)
- Any work that is more than minor repair or minor replacement